[ubuntu-za] Pulseaudio not connecting

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Mon Dec 21 13:51:43 GMT 2009

This is a very annoying bug. I have the ladspa plugin with the
pulseaudio equaliser. and pulseaudio volume control. Volume control
allows one to change the input/output devices and default configuration.
I changed one of the intput/output or configuration settings and lost my
pulseaudio. I have sound but can't connect to the sound server.

Worse still the pavucontrol does not accept any options and it can't
connect. My volume control applet has disappeared. I've tried the
padevchooser applet with no luck. I'm on the verge of reinstalling the
entire sound system, but seriously do not want to purge my desktop. Any
ideas?

Here is the thread on Ubuntu Forums. No help as yet. Any ideas?