[ubuntu-za] Suspend/Resume issues on Jaunty

wez wesley.werner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:50:43 GMT 2009

Hi Josh

Hibernation is one of those things I don't fully trust, on any OS ;)

Because many drivers are proprietary, Linux has a hard time implementing all
the needed parts that handle hibernation for example. You're most likely
using the propritary driver for you nVidia card right? Perhaps they're
freezing up because of this. Check your logs right after a system freeze,
try spot anything suspect, see if it is the video drivers causing this
problem.

I may be wrong though. I avoid hibernation, to avoid many headaches, it's
worth it though!

Wes