[ubuntu-za] Hi

maia grotepass maiatoday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 10:18:07 BST 2009

Responding to a spate of Hi messages lately perhaps I should come out
of lurkdom too to introduce myself.

I am Stellenbosch based and I am running Ubuntu on my home laptop
since uhm lets see what came before Gutsy, Feisty Fawn.I am on Jaunty
waiting a while to upgrade to Karmic.

I also sortof sysadmin 2 other Ubuntu boxes in the family for general
pc use. Recently I rescued a little 2gig Asus Eeepc from the computer
spca by adding another gig sd card and installing the netbook remix on
it. It is very happy with its new os and has found a loving new home
too, I am happy to report.

Sadly I work on Vindozo(esperanto for windows)  machines ...

general interests include opencv computer vision libraries, any
opensource graphics tools, rescuing deserving processors from windows,
interactive computer driven art installations,
openframeworks(openframeworks.cc), processing(processing.org), network
security, elegant snippets of code, the life cycle of the jellyfish,
the functioning of the opensource community and it's use of mediated
communication, the effects of a networked society on human
interaction, fever ray. hmmm I have a short attention span.

pleased to meet you all, hopefully we can share distro's and save some
bandwidth by swapping dvds with people in the area.

maia