[ubuntu-za] iPod support

Robert robket at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:26:29 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM, David Robert Lewis <ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
> wrote:

> Gosh,
>
> After effortless connectivity with appliances such as my housemates
> digital camera and a bluetooth dongle, I must say I find Ubuntu's iPod
> support atrocious. Firstly there is nothing preinstalled. Secondly, the
> installation of ipod apps like gtkpod is turning into a cumbersome hack.
> I have managed to mount an iPod mini by editing the fstab file, but now
> can't see any of the music, just folders. Anyone here know how to
> install an iPod?
>
> --Dave

Hi Dave

What music player (and what version) do you use for listening to and
managing your music collection? I happen to use Amarok, which synces to my
new Ipod Nano with no trouble. I have a feeling that Rhythmbox also comes
with native Ipod support, however, that functionality has only been
available in recent releases.

You shouldn't have to be editting fstab though, regardless, so I'm not sure
whats happening there.

Robert