[ubuntu-za] iPod support

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:35:40 BST 2009

2009/4/22 David Robert Lewis <ethnopunk at telkomsa.net>:
> Gosh,
>
> After effortless connectivity with appliances such as my housemates
> digital camera and a bluetooth dongle, I must say I find Ubuntu's iPod
> support atrocious. Firstly there is nothing preinstalled. Secondly, the
> installation of ipod apps like gtkpod is turning into a cumbersome hack.
> I have managed to mount an iPod mini by editing the fstab file, but now
> can't see any of the music, just folders. Anyone here know how to
> install an iPod?

I use amarok for managing my ipod and never had any issues.

With kubuntu intrepid, a notification pops up if I plug it in, and I
just need to click on there to mount it, then amarok can see it.
I had some issues getting the transcoding to work initially though,
but it works beautifully now.
(I have an old 2GB Nano, it was a corporate gift ok, I would never buy one:)

regards
marius