[ubuntu-za] Linux Mint

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Mon Apr 20 20:51:13 BST 2009

Alex Faure wrote:

> Anyone  got any comments on Linux Mint. I have been looking at the
> specs and reviews and it seems very impressive.
>
> http://www.linuxmint.com
>

> --
> Alex

It's great if you want a machine that doesn't do much during the day.  I
tried it out on a second partition for a while, but its nothing less
than a fashionable distraction, is too downstream for my liking and has
all the sheen of lipstick and nailpolish. Something to give your
girlfriend, who isn't to particular about the fact that it slowly grinds
to a halt as the code breaks down through lack of communication with the
Ubuntu mainstream. There is a good reason for sticking with Ubuntu and
tweaking whatever you have. I also have reservations about the
possibility its an Irish plot to destroy Ubuntu in the long run.