[ubuntu-za] Linux Mint

Denham Coote denhamcoote at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:36:27 BST 2009

I installed it on my girlfriend's laptop.

It's a nicely polished distro.  Looks decent, has full multimedia support
from the start (mp3, dvd, etc).  It recognised her wireless device right
away.

It has its own package management/updater.  I'm not sure I see it as been
too much more friendly than Ubuntu's defaully, though.

I'm sticking to Ubuntu, but it's a nice option for people who want to do a
little less customisation.

D.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Kevin Coetzee <kdcoetzee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex Faure wrote:
> > Anyone  got any comments on Linux Mint. I have been looking at the specs
> > and reviews and it seems very impressive.
> >
> > http://www.linuxmint.com
> >

> > --
> > Alex
> >

> I still prefer Ubuntu over Mint. but I use Gentoo primarily. so my input
> would not count.
> but one of my friends use mint for his desktop and here is his review.
> http://blog.g33q.co.za/2008/12/17/linux-mint-felicia-first-impressions/
>

> --
> Kevin Coetzee
> kevin.blogs.uls.co.za

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow - It merely saps the strength of
today.