[ubuntu-za] Independently Pausible Playlists

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 17 08:35:02 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 16:58, James Cuénod <j3frea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I use Amarok and VLC on Kubuntu 8.10. I have a lot of audio and I would like to set up a few playlists in such a way that I can play a single track out of each playlist per day and continue on the next day. So imagine a CD Library with various CDs that each have different numbers of tracks - I would like to loop through the albums but move to the next album after a single track (i.e. it's not simply interspersing the tracks). I'm not stuck to a specific media player.
>
> Any ideas?

It's probably quite easy to write a script to generate m3u files for
each playlist, since m3u files are just text files listing the
filenames of the tracks.

So if you have directories A/a/, A/b/, A/c/, B/a/, B/b/, etc it sounds
like you want:

A/a/1.mp3
A/b/1.mp3
A/c/1.mp3
B/a/1.mp3
A/a/2.mp3
A/b/2.mp3

etc - or whatever the tracks are named...

Regards
Morgan