[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) Discs

David Rubin davidrub at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:29:30 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM, James Cuénod <j3frea at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:01:19 +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jonathan at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Morgan
>>
>> Morgan Collett wrote:
>>> Jonathan, you did tell me you burn through 100GB/month of bandwidth...
>>> maybe not all for debmirror, but even with local only ADSL that's
>>> quite steep - so really only an option for people on corporate
>>> uncapped bandwidth...
>>
>> Yes I have 2x webafrica IS 30GB local only accounts and 1 openweb
>> localonly 30GB account. I suppose 1 30GB account will be enough for the
>> average person, and it's about R130 a month. It's useful for split
>> routing too if you access lots of local stuff. It's mostly the
>> development versions that eat up most of the bandwidth, the stable
>> versions aren't that bad.
>>
>> I could probably post the archives for people who'd want it on DVD, that
>> might be cheaper than downloading it.
>>
>> -Jonathan
>>

> Weren't there originally plans to have a local repository at the release party for anyone who wanted to upgrade there? I seem to recall that being the case for the Cape Town release...

Yes, I have asked Andrew Alston if he can bring a copy of the jaunty
repo's. He said it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully it will go well
and we will have our local repository. Jonathan will you be in JHB or
CPT release party? If you are in the jhb one could you bring a copy of
the repository?

I am not sure if he will be able to bring the full repositories all
the different ubuntu versions but I think the jaunty repositories
should be doable.

--
David Rubin
Email : davidrub[ at ]gmail[ dot ]com