[ubuntu-za] 8.10 freezing on splash screen and non gui mode

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Wed Apr 15 17:07:20 BST 2009

Start the computer in recovery mode or remove the "quiet splash" kernel
options (you can even change "quiet splash" to "verbose" which will give
you even more output). You'll be able to see where it gets stuck. My box
did the same thing quite a while ago and something on the networking
prevented the computer from booting (can't remember exactly what it was).

Hannes