[ubuntu-za] iBurst Ethernet Modem to wrok in Ubuntu 8.10

Gary Alexander garyalex at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:38:03 BST 2009

I have an article on my blog here about setting up the usb modem ...
http://www.stickytoffee.co.za/blog/2009/03/15/howto-ubuntu-%E2%80%93-setting-up-the-iburst-usb-modem/

The only difference would be skipping the step with the ib-driver
package... you would only need that for the usb and pcmcia modems...

In the config for rp-pppoe you would specify eth0 as the device and
not ib0 (which is used for the usb devices)

Hope this helps :)

Gary Alexander
Sticky Toffee Web and IT Services - www.stickytoffee.co.za
My Blog - http://www.stickytoffee.co.za/blog