[ubuntu-za] A modest proposal for eliminating the inevitable partition failure issue with Ubuntu conversions

Trevor Hughes linux at thewildfig.co.za
Sun Apr 12 10:04:31 BST 2009

I just wanted to comment that I have had numerous systems booting
three four or five OSs that have never been a problem. Including
multiple versions of Windows. I have rarely had a problem and do not
believe I have ever lost anything vital because of partitioning
problems - well nothing that couldn't be fixed by any number of free
or commercial tools out there.

Ubuntu did a fine enough job of installing itself alongside Vista on
my laptop/ I eventually go rid of Vista and put a later version of
Ubuntu un its place and it is still running fine. So I am not sure
what the problem really is. I agree it is a good ideas to back up the
MBR and the partition table. Also a great ideas is to use fdisk and
actually write down the partition information so you can manually
recreate those partitions if something goes wrong.

just my experiences

Trev