[ubuntu-za] A modest proposal for eliminating the inevitable partition failure issue with Ubuntu conversions

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Sat Apr 11 15:10:41 BST 2009

Robert Holm wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 20:33 +0200, David Robert Lewis wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I therefore demand a better way of dealing with the existential crisis,
>> the inevitable crash,
>>
> <snip>
>
> I think I must be missing out on something.
> Why does everything go along so smoothly for me.
> Why can't I also have all these interesting problems.
> I demand to be let into the secret.
>
> Robert :-)

Did you convert completely, or partition? Also, the Ubuntu duel boot
option assumes you're not going to do something crazy like partition a
third disk with HFS and that you're not going to try to install anything
else like SuZe. I went the partitioning root, learnt my lesson, sort of.
Then I got into VMS, but got caught by the Macintel bug, sad to say.
Now, I'm upgrading to VMware server, and sticking with one basic OS.

NO secret, really, just got Penguins popping out of my box right now,
and they are all dancing around and around going, Squeak, Bah, humbug,
bug. :)