[ubuntu-za] Migrating from vista to Ubuntu

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sat Apr 4 07:20:07 BST 2009

Bruno Mondego wrote:
> hello all,
>
> thanks for the tips..
>
> ill be trying to migrate over this weekend.
>
> what im still doubtfull, is, does any mail program under ubuntu (evolution,
> thinderbird,etc) can import the files from windows mail? i've attached a
> sample message that it "exports" in order to backup and "import"back to the
> program again some other time. if someone can please test and see if you can
> import the messages and contact to one of your email programs.

Install Thunderbird for Windows.  It will import from Outlook.  Now back
up Thunderbird for Windows data files, and you can restore the data
under Thunderbird for Linux.

> i kinda dont like the default programs that come with ubuntu for music, but
> never had any experience with burning cd's. has anyone got any experience on
> wich program works best for u?

I loke totem for single files, and rythmbox does everything I need for
my library, and MP3 player.  As for CDs, I have used the defasult
programs without any issues.  What features are you missing?

I don't do the other stuff you asked about.  Sorry...

			Lee