[ubuntu-za] Jaunty Release Party Cape Town

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 3 15:56:05 BST 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 15:14, David Rubin <davidrub at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Morgan Collett <morgan at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 23:54, David Rubin <davidrub at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Ubuntu-za-capetown
>>>
>>> I was just wondering what the progress on this is?  Morgs I know you
>>> said you were taking this on do we have a proposed venue/date?
>>
>> Thanks for your help, David...
>>
>>> I have created a very basic wiki page for our info [1]. I wrote down a
>>> few things that I thought we might need to organise /do for the event.
>>>
>>> * Find a date
>>
>> Each time we've had the event on the Saturday after the release. That
>> would be 25 April this time, unless anyone can think of a good reason
>> to have it later.
>
> I think we should push for april 25th. It is a date close to the
> release as well as a week end and hopefully we will have max turn out.
>>
>>> * Find a venue
>>
>> Hilton Theunissen suggested a TuxLab equipped school - Camps Bay High
>> again, or Groote Schuur Primary in Rondebosch (if I remember
>> correctly). We'll need to arrange with the school and lab admin.

We have a venue: Eleanor Lenders (who helped us last time) has
arranged the TuxLab at Alicedale Primary in Athlone for the 25th.

We still need to confirm time of day - the afternoon suits me best but
whenever we can get the best attendance would be best for the event :)

Please sign up / indicate on
http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/Jaunty_Release_Party/Cape_Town if you're
planning or intending to come.

Thanks