[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu/Edubuntu in SA Schools

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 1 09:53:04 BST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 20:33, Hannes Coetzee
<scorpking at scorpking.za.org> wrote:
> Just an update - The wiki is up and running on
> http://www.schoolforge.org.za/ (a big thank you goes out to  Jonathan
> Carter who set it up) and we can now start adding info to the site. Read
> the "User's Guide" link on the main page to figure out how everything works.
>
> Are we going to use CamelCaps or under_scores on the site? If I want to
> add a bunch of OpenOffice tutorials for example, where do I add it?
>
> With the two above questions as an example of things everyone might want
> to know could someone with wiki experience give us a few guidelines as
> to what works best and what we should avoid?

I see it's MediaWiki like ubuntu-za.org. MediaWiki doesn't
automatically make links from CamelCase, so most MW sites like
wikipedia don't use it but rather just [[make links out of ordinary
phrases]] (which would result in a page like
schoolforge.org.za/wiki/Make_links_out_of_ordinary_phrases).

If you have a lot of information under a specific topic, you can
create a namespace by using a /, like [[tutorials/openoffice writer]]
which would result in a URL with .../wiki/Tutorials/Openoffice_writer.

Don't hold back - just throw up content, and people can step in to
organise things to make sense of it...

Regards
Morgan