[ubuntu-za] DVD Installation

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Tue Sep 30 20:02:20 BST 2008

Hi

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:20:54PM +0200, vincent wrote:
> I've just installed a LG Model GSA-H60N DVD Rewriter & while it works
> like a dream in XP, 8.04 will not play DVD's.
> I keep getting an error message saying "can't read from resource".
> Any suggestions?

I don't recognize the error, but do you have libdvdcss installed?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

You will have to type some commands in a terminal

 sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list \
 -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
 sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring
 sudo apt-get update && sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2

Jan