[ubuntu-za] Partition Advice Please

Jan Kroeze thejcwk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:04:56 BST 2008

It looks like a reasonable setup to me, but do you need that much space for
/home? I tend to only use around 2Gb for my documents, settings, etc, etc.

I would prefer to spend the remaining 10Gb from your home on a seperate /opt
partition, as this allows you to maintain some programs between version of
Linux (I refer here mainly to Java based applications such as iTracker,
Eclipse etc.) Then again, you may not need this.

You *can* resize your Windows partition to a smaller size without losing any
data, but it is a complicated process. If you search a little in the
beginner's section of Ubuntu Forums <http://www.ubuntuforums.org> you should
find a very detailed howto.

Jan Kroeze