[ubuntu-za] Partition Advice Please

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at eshowecompcentre.co.za
Mon Sep 29 21:39:28 BST 2008

I would suggest:

Partition 1 for Windows (ntfs - whatever space you need)
Partition 2 for / (ext3 for Linux root - about 5GB should do depending
what you install later on. 10GB would be good if you can)
Partition 3 for swap (1GB should be enough)
Partition 4 for /home (ext3)

Putting the /home partition last makes it easy to transfer your current
setup to a bigger disk should you decide to upgrade in the future.

Regards
Hannes