[ubuntu-za] Ubuwiki Live released to mark Software Freedom Day

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:33:36 BST 2008

Ubuwiki Live, a digest of free content specially formatted for Ubuntu, has been released to mark Software Freedom Day. What is unique about the Internet bundle available from Sourceforge.net, is that it exists entirely within a self-contained XHTML file. The application is the result of work carried out by the Wiki on a Stick (WoaS) project in conjunction with Indlovu, a South African Intermediate Technology initiative. As the person responsible, I can say I am quite pleased with the result and hopefully similar such offerings will be on the way to enliven the Ubuntu experience. However,  I've probably destroyed Windows in the process and life is never going to be the same.

Here is the download address: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuwikioffline/

Please spread it around.

Regards

David Robert Lewis