[ubuntu-za] Shutdown sounds

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 14:21:34 BST 2008

Hi Angotull

Angotull wrote:
> Any ideas why hardy would play startup sounds but not shutdown sounds? I
> have now hit the "silly niggles" part of my setup.

Well, that's a tough one to answer without much information. It's a good
thing at least if you've come to a stage where that's one of the biggest
problems :)

Have you checked what happens when you click on the play button in the
Gnome sound properties? If it's a custom sound file, perhaps you should
check whether the correct codecs is installed, etc.

-Jonathan