[ubuntu-za] Leadership change

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 13:48:40 BST 2008

Hi Vijay

Vijay Makanjee wrote:
> Being in East London makes it difficult to make some of the events and
> meeting you have in the big cities - like the ISITE thing.
> Also the freedom toaster meant to be in EL appears to be permanently in
> storage... so that is out as a way to showcase some of the software and
> punt software freedom day.

Well, being in East London puts you in a good position to help with
something that we really need help with, and that's with setting up the
next release party. We've had a release party in Cape Town and Jo'burg
with the 8.04 release. It would be awesome if we can bring that up to at
least 3 cities with the next release.

A release party isn't difficult to organise. Even if you just have a
get-together somewhere central for all the Ubuntu users in your area
(even if it's just to get together and have some coffee), then it would
already be good.

I'll start another thread on this a bit later, but I think now is a good
time to start thinking about release parties.

-Jonathan