[ubuntu-za] KDE 4.1

James Cuénod j3frea at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:11:42 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've got kubuntu installed on my laptop (not the remix - just KDE 3.5.9 - or
maybe .8 - I can't remember). I installed KDE4 but it really gets me down...
Stuff like the clock in the panel doesn't resize properly according to the
panel size (so it is really bloated in the panel) and sometimes when you
resize the panel it disappears when you log in again (which means I've got
to manually go and remove the resize information from KDE's settings file).
Amarok is also mucked up now - after about 3 seconds of playing it starts
using both cores at about 100% and all of my 2GB of RAM to play 3mb of audio
(the whole playlist isn't even 2GB). Amarok is the main thing that bugs me
because when I log back into KDE3, amarok is "upgraded" so it doesn't work
properly anymore. Anyway, I was just wondering whether anyone had tried out
KDE4.1 and whether it was better (and whether anyone had experienced the
same problem with Amarok).

Thanks,
James

--
Now go, and may the [open] source be with you!