[ubuntu-za] Thin Client on Ubuntu 8.04

Barry Wyatt wyattware at telkomsa.net
Mon Sep 22 05:44:45 BST 2008

Thanks, Jonathan

That helps a lot and goes a long way to pointing me in the right
direction.

After your previous email I tried a direct install on the PC I mentioned
using the earliest version Ubuntu I have - 5.10 - and I could not get it
to complete the install process - even when trying different install
options. So hardware seems to be the big problem. Mainly broke at the
configuring xserver-xorg step.

Edubuntu with LTSP - yes, but what version please? The changes they have
made in the 8.04 release don't seem to be widely documented. - Hilton
answered this one for me.

I am based in East London.  At present, if I can get the solution
working on three machines (and test run some educational lab software)
then I will be confident to make proposals for a 2009 community center
consideration - cause "he who gets the vision gets the job."

Thanks for your help on this,
Barry