[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Studio

James Cuénod j3frea at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 15:43:17 BST 2008

I recently mucked up the graphics on my laptop and had to run
dpkg-reconfigure as well... The questions about your keyboard sound right, I
think that X figures out what should be going on and just needs you to tell
it about your keyboard. So, you probably have configured X and the problem
lies somewhere else. (But I'm still a noob...)

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:31 PM, David Robert Lewis
<ethnopunk at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Does anybody know how to install Ubuntu Studio in safe graphics
> mode/compatability mode? I've got it installed on a partition, and it gets
> the same zebra, out-of-phase graphics that I got with Ubuntu Hardy. Only,
> Hardy has a safe graphics mode option, which works around this. I've tried
> "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" after dropping down to root and on the
> advice of an ubuntu forum posting, but all I get is a series of questions
> about my keyboard. I need to reconfigure the graphics somehow.
>
> David.
>

> "Freedom of speech looses its meaning if dissenting ideas are banned by the
> medical dismissal of those who speak them out." Tristano Ajmone
> FAX: 0865-141011 MOBILE: +27+82-425-1454 SKYPE: david.robert.lewis
> PO BOX 4398, CAPE TOWN 8000 RSA

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ