[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Studio

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 13:31:41 BST 2008

Does anybody know how to install Ubuntu Studio in safe graphics mode/compatability mode? I've got it installed on a partition, and it gets the same zebra, out-of-phase graphics that I got with Ubuntu Hardy. Only, Hardy has a safe graphics mode option, which works around this. I've tried "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" after dropping down to root and on the advice of an ubuntu forum posting, but all I get is a series of questions about my keyboard. I need to reconfigure the graphics somehow.

David.

"Freedom of speech looses its meaning if dissenting ideas are banned by the medical dismissal of those who speak them out." Tristano Ajmone

FAX: 0865-141011 MOBILE: +27+82-425-1454 SKYPE: david.robert.lewis
PO BOX 4398, CAPE TOWN 8000 RSA