[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu Remix

Igshaan Mesias igshaan at clue.co.za
Fri Sep 19 08:21:42 BST 2008

Hi

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 08:52:26AM +0200, Derick Hewetson wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I should have mentioned that the computer is a laptop, so there is no way to
> change the adapter, but I will try a new openchrome driver and see what
> happens.
>
> If xorg.conf no longer mentions which driver to use, how do I configure it to
> select a specific driver? Even the "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" no
> longer asks which driver to use.

afaik, you can still specify which driver to use in you xorg.conf. I had a similar issue just
the other day. I used the below mentioned conf and it worked perfectly.

[..]
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Boardname       "via"
        Busid           "PCI:1:0:0"
        Driver          "openchrome"
        Screen  0