[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu Remix

Derick Hewetson derick at cyberiansystems.net
Fri Sep 19 07:19:31 BST 2008

Hi All,

Well, I have reverted back to the KDE3 desktop by installing the
kubuntu-desktop meta package, but I still have problems with the screen
refresh. If I open an application or move a window, the rest of the
screen disappears, or when I scroll , the window blanks out. What could
be causing this, as Ubuntu 8.04 with Gnome had no problems on the same
machine.

Funnily enough, I have noticed that the xorg.conf file still looks luike
the one in KDE4, with very little info in it and no reference to the
driver being used. The glxinfo tells me that Direct Rendering is enabled
and the glxgears are faster than usual. In Ubuntu, I used the openchrome
driver.

Any ideas?

Derick