[ubuntu-za] Thin Client on Ubuntu 8.04

Barry Wyatt wyattware at telkomsa.net
Fri Sep 19 05:13:03 BST 2008

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for getting back to me, thought I had got lost among all the
"Re-installing Feisty" stuff.

The big question - what version of Ubuntu were you running in your thin
client application?

I am a total beginner at Linux/Ubuntu and am beginning to think the Thin
Client project was a little ambitious to start with.

One of my machines is a 6x86L-PR200+  150 MHz  65536K memory
Bios 1984-96
(Way older than five years :-)

It runs Kernel 2.6.15-51-386 fine (whatever that is) - no GUI.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Seeing that the machines are older than five years is there another
solution to get these to run a reasonable version of Edubuntu?  This is
the kind of machine that is "freely" available.  If I could buy multiple
units of modern hardware I would not have to go thin client.

Regards
Barry