[ubuntu-za] Leadership change

Hilton Theunissen hilton at inkululeko.co.za
Thu Sep 18 19:12:20 BST 2008

Hi

Craig I know it has been a tough year for you, I certainly miss you at
the conferences with your OpenOffice.org sky blue shirt. Can't wait to
see you in action again.

The ZA Team is a very passionate team, together, Morgan and Jonathan,
will take this community to one of the top open source communities in
the world.

Gents as the company that supports one of the largest Ubuntu users in
South Africa, over 90 000 tuXlab educators in learners, you have our
support.  At the end of this month we are certifying over 1000 educators
and learners with the International Grades in Open Technologies
Certification.  Since inception of the Open Source learning Centre
Program(2000) aka tuXlabs(2004-2008), I have been of the opinion we
should get the future computers users to get their IT skills/knowledge
on open source software.

Proposal 1:
- Ubuntu-za community members should go back to their primary and high
school to educate them on OS, Ubuntu,Edubuntu,etc.

Proposal 2:
- Establish School Ubuntu Clubs

Proposal 3:
- Volunteer technical support to education projects like tuXlabs(Cape,
PE, KZN, GP, Limpopo, Nwest,Limpopo), OLPC, DigitalDoorway, e-Tux(KZN),
Rhodes OS Schools(Grahamstown), Nwest Education Department Labs(50+
schools), schoolwan.org.za(cape),The Social Content and Networking for
Schools project(http://scns.uwc.ac.za), .....add more education projects....

Proposal 4:
- Establish national competition for school learners to come up with a
funky logo for Ubuntu-za,etc.

Proposal 5:
-.......donate new hardware for ailing tuXlab networks....:-)

Ok that is the bath ideas, shower is normally quick but I am sure the
time spent in the loo will bring up some interesting ideas;-)

Kind regards.

Hilton Theunissen
(aka coolio in slugland)
Inkululeko Technologies