[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu Remix

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Thu Sep 18 10:40:00 BST 2008

Hi Derick,

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:53:18 +0200, Derick Hewetson
<derick at cyberiansystems.net> wrote:
> Of those of you that have used it, do any of you have any recommended
> improvements I can make to improve stability, or do you suggest just
> reverting to KDE3?

I looked at KDE 4.0 when it came out, and it was unusable. Recently I tried
out KDE 4.1 RC1 and it was enormously better, but it's still not perfect. I
had a chat with some of the guys in #ubuntu-za last night and we agreed
that it's still not ready for proper release.

That's my experience, hope it helps.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
   http://raoulsnyman.co.za/
This message was not scanned by anything because this is not a Windows
machine and therefore, by definition, *is* clean.