[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu Remix

Michael Gorven michael at gorven.za.net
Thu Sep 18 10:34:44 BST 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008 10:53:18 Derick Hewetson wrote:
> I tried out Kubuntu for the first time yesterday, having been an Ubuntu
> user previously. I used the Kubuntu 8.04 Remix with KDE4, and have found
> it almost unusable (crashes, screen not redrawing etc).
>
> Of those of you that have used it, do any of you have any recommended
> improvements I can make to improve stability, or do you suggest just
> reverting to KDE3?

I installed Kubuntu Intrepid the other day and used it for a few hours
yesterday. I was not very impressed, and am actually quite concerned about
Intrepid with respect to KDE. I also found it unstable (specifically
Akregator) and lacking some functionality that exists in KDE3.

I suggest that you go back to KDE3 (as I have, at least for now). I hope that
Kubuntu get their act together, otherwise Intrepid is going to flop.

Michael

--
http://michael.gorven.za.net
PGP Key ID 6612FE85