[ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 10:41:12 BST 2008

Since I can't make the events up in Jozi, I am making my computer available this Saturday 20 September for the burning of open-source and free software. If anybody in the Cape Town area wishes, I have a collection of some less-well known Linux distributions, (GoblinX, Zenwalk, and Puppy) as well as the Ubuntu Family. Still waiting to get hold of the repository collection promised by one of the Ubuntu LoCo members, but this should happen soon.

Also, thought I should report back on my first experience with the Freedom Toaster at 142 Long Street, Cape Town. I managed to burn a 2003 Project Gutenburg CD, and an Edgy Edubuntu. So good going, if a little slow. Would have thought the collection would have been a little more up-to-date, and I guess this means we need to become activists and request the resources that we need.

For starters, I want a Wikipedia CD collection and access to the Libravox library and Internet Archive, Creative Commons.

Is this too much to ask? How about the collected Ubuntu Forum's 2007-2008 on a DVD?

Long live software freedom, forward to Minix.

David Robert Lewis

Address details: 26 Kitchener Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town. 2-30pm - 4-30pm