[ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day event 17 September Sandton Convention Centre

James Cuénod j3frea at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 11:45:28 BST 2008

I'm not sure whether I know what's going on anymore - is there still
something happening on the 20th? I know that the business thing is happening
from the 15th to the 17th but I can't make it during the week...

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:55 AM, David Robert Lewis
<ethnopunk at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

>   Any SFD events in Cape Town? Have registered, but can't make it because
> no funding. Any thoughts about renaming SFD, Richard Stallman Day?
>
> D.---
>
> PS Sorry if I'm repeating, this, but it went out to one member, cause I
> didn't hit the reply all button.
>
>  On *Fri, 12/9/08, Ivo Vegter <ivo at hivemind.net>* wrote:
>
> From: Ivo Vegter <ivo at hivemind.net>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day event 17 September Sandton
> Convention Centre
> To: "Ubuntu South African Local Community" <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Friday, 12 September, 2008, 1:13 PM
>
> JP Viljoen wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 September 2008 11:43:48 Ivo Vegter wrote:
> >> Maybe we should do a dual Ubuntu-ZA gathering. Get Ubuntu going on an
> >> eeePC at iWeek, and video-conference to an OLPC in Sandton. See which
> >> one falls over first.
> >
> > It would likely have to be hardware failure :-) I'm quite attached to
> my eeePC so far, though..very very good
> > spend, *buntu-ing it this coming weekend, the XandrOS has finally irked me
> enough.
>
> That's a good idea. Was casting about for inexpensive things to do this
> weekend. Sick of using apt-get to swap out acroread, gimp, qcad and
> wine, too :)
>
> > As to exhibit, what are the times when it should be starting and
> finishing, must see if I can get my way
> > wormed out of work for the day.
>
> Don't know about the DTI one, but iWeek2008 is Wednesday to Friday
> lunchtime. www.iweek.org.za will get you there.
>
> --
> Ivo Vegter

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ [James 1:1]