[ubuntu-za] Local repository cache

Casper casper.labuschagne at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 09:05:42 BST 2008

Hi all,

> On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 07:23 +0200, Angotull wrote:
>> I have noticed something odd since I re-installed Hardy. After
>> removing a package from the manager and re-installing (sometimes the
>> next day), instead of installing it from the local cache, it downloads it

I have noticed something similar in Hardy.  If I issue "sudo aptitude
update" and "sudo aptitude safe-upgrade", aptitude updates the system.
(This is my prefered method.)  However, the package manager still
reports the same x number of packages not updated.  When I issue that
update, it then downloads the same x packages though they are in the
cache (and already installed) and upgrades them again.

Cheers

Casper

Casper Labuschagne
+27827054416 ; +27219822426 ; Skype=krooninfo ; MSN = casperl at live.co.za