[ubuntu-za] Local repository cache

Robert Holm robhholm at lantic.net
Sat Sep 13 07:48:05 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 07:23 +0200, Angotull wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I have noticed something odd since I re-installed Hardy. After
> removing a package from the manager and re-installing (sometimes the
> next day), instead of installing it from the local cache, it downloads
> it. Have I missed, or worse, messed with something that you guys can
> think of?
>
> Cheers
>
> Gavin

I found the same change in behaviour since Gutsy and I haven't changed
anything that could cause this. I overcame it by selecting the package
in the cache and using the Gdebi package installer, which gives you a
warning that you should rather use the repositories, but hey!, it's the
same package.

Regards

Robert