[ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day event 17 September Sandton Convention Centre

Ivo Vegter ivo at hivemind.net
Tue Sep 9 10:43:48 BST 2008

Morgan Collett wrote:

> There will be a Software Freedom Day celebration at the Department of
> Science and Technology's INSITE conference on Wednesday 17 September
> at the Sandton Convention Centre. See
> http://www.insitex.co.za/visitorinfo.htm for details on the Software
> Freedom Day plans.
> I'll be there on that day (running an OLPC stand). It would be great
> if we could have an Ubuntu-ZA gathering at the conference.
> Who is able to come? When can we meet? Lunch time?

That is also the first day of ISPA's iWeek 2008 conference at The
Campus. I'm not sure if I bothered to register, but I, for one, am more
likely to be there than at some government-run thing.

Maybe we should do a dual Ubuntu-ZA gathering. Get Ubuntu going on an
eeePC at iWeek, and video-conference to an OLPC in Sandton. See which
one falls over first.

Ivo Vegter