[ubuntu-za] Release Party - Cape Town

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 8 10:49:36 BST 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:40, Reenen Laurie <REENENL at pepstores.com> wrote:
> I think I'll want to attend, but I won't be any good organising it.
>
> What happens at a release party?  I wouldn't have the foggiest idea
> where to start.
>
> I guess one should have a PC or Laptop (or several) with it on there for
> people to play around with.  Feels like yesterday that Hardy got
> released.
>
> Regards,
> -Reeenen

http://jonathancarter.co.za/party-hardy-joburg has a writeup of the
Gauteng event last time, if you're wondering what to expect - although
it's up to us to make it happen in whatever way we can...

It has the interesting quote,

"We talked about marketing, and how we should make sure that more
local newspapers feature Ubuntu's release when the Intrepid Ibex
lands."

This time volunteers will be randomly selected to make our world
domination plans actually happen! :)