[ubuntu-za] DVD Installation

Denham Coote denhamcoote at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:09:35 BST 2008

Vince:

Just a small note - your posts aren't being delivered to each person
separately - The entire list receives each of your responses :)

Hope you get an answer from someone more knowledgeable than me - would be
helpful for me too.

Regards,

Denham.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 6:27 AM, vincent <bullet at ballmail.co.za> wrote:

> Jan Groenewald wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:20:54PM +0200, vincent wrote:
> >
> >> I've just installed a LG Model GSA-H60N DVD Rewriter & while it works
> >> like a dream in XP, 8.04 will not play DVD's.
> >> I keep getting an error message saying "can't read from resource".
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>

> > I don't recognize the error, but do you have libdvdcss installed?
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
> >
> > You will have to type some commands in a terminal
> >
> >  sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list \
> >  -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
> >  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring
> >  sudo apt-get update && sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2
> >
> > Jan
> >

> Hi Jan,
> I loaded the libdvdcss2 as you suggested & all's working just fine now,
> although graphics are out of sync with the sound but works fine in xp?
> Maybe this is a subject for another thread?
> Thanks once again.
> Vince

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow - It merely saps the strength of
today.