[ubuntu-za] South African Ubuntu

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at eshowecompcentre.co.za
Tue Nov 11 19:30:34 GMT 2008

Maybe I should mention this - I've made my own disk from Kubuntu 8.04
that I install for my friends, family and any clients that would like to
use Linux. It's currently fits on a 1.7GB DVD and I made DVD and disk
covers for it to print on disks and covers to make it look presentable.
I've also added updates and a lot of useful and popular apps, games,
icon themes, wallpapers and everything people usually ask me to add for
them on top of the default install. I've added wvdial scripts for mobile
phones and 3G USB modems and linked it to icons on the desktop. All the
user have to do is click on an icon and he/she is online. I've added
vnstat & a frontend to monitor bandwidth usage as well as a script and
KProcOut to show the current dialup session's data usage in the taskbar.
I also changed the usplash theme to kubuntu3d from kde-apps.org and
changed the kdm theme. The list goes on and on.. Everyone I've given a
disk to loved it and 95% of them are still using it. I use UCK to build
the disk but there are a few serious bugs in it so I sometimes end up
building the disk manually anyways.

Regards
Hannes