[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu-ZA LoCo Team renewal application

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 7 15:19:12 GMT 2008

Ubuntu-ZA is one of many Ubuntu LoCo (Local Community) Teams. As part
of the global community governance, we need to periodically reapply.

The bar to becoming (and remaining) an approved Ubuntu LoCo Team is
much higher than when we first applied (in 2005 IIRC) and we need to
demonstrate sustained participation to keep our status.

There is a specific process, documented at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved for this application, and
the LoCoCouncil is meeting on Monday night 8pm our time to review our
application: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda

Here's our application:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SouthAfricanTeam/ApprovalApplication

What you can do to help:
* Join Ubuntu-ZA by joining our launchpad team:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-za - we have 79 members there but 286 on
the mailing list
* Help us remember Ubuntu-related events in the past year or two that
we can add to the application - blog posts, photos, etc. Add to the
wiki page or let me know.
* Get involved! See http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org

If you want to observe and support us in the meeting, it will be on
irc.freenode.net in #ubuntu-meeting.

Regards
Morgan
Lococoleader