[ubuntu-za] Network Problems

James Cuénod j3frea at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:40:09 GMT 2008

Hey all,
First off, thanks Jonathan for organising the release party...

I've upgraded my laptop to Kubuntu 8.10 and my desktop will be next...
(however I'll need time to play when I upgrade my desktop so it's gonna be a
while). My desktop has two network cards, the one connects to my home
network and gives me internet access, the other one I connect to my laptop.
In the past I've had varying degrees of success with this - sometimes the
bridge will work and I'll get internet access on my laptop, other times
it'll break the network and I wont have any communications between the two.
Most of the time, however, I can set up a network between them without too
much hassle but now, since the upgrade I'm having real hassles getting
Kubuntu to behave. I've had a go with knetworkmanager and ifconfig as well
as messing with /etc/network/interfaces but none of this has produced any
connection. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks,
James Cuénod

--
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ