[ubuntu-za] Sound breaking after 8.10 upgrade

Denham Coote denhamcoote at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 14:42:48 GMT 2008

Hey everyone

I'm using a Dell Studio 1735, with Intel sound.

Using the old (8.04) kernel:
---
denham at jaded:~$ uname -r
2.6.24-21-generic
---

Things work fine.  As soon as I upgrade to 2.6.27.7 (or clean install 8.10),
sound will not play through the headphone jack.  Sound does play through the
built in speakers, as it should, and it does mute when headphones are
inserted (as it should).

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?  Any ideas on how to fix?
What further info can I supply that might help?

Thanks and best regards,

Denham

--
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow - It merely saps the strength of
today.