[ubuntu-za] Edubuntu DVD

Phillip Pare ptpare at lantic.net
Fri May 30 13:26:56 BST 2008

The University of Pretoria only has the DVD image and not the CD images
of Edubuntu. As such, I have burnt images of the Edubuntu DVD. I
gathered from other documentation that with the 8.04 release I should
install Edubuntu on top of the normal 8.04 Ubuntu. As such I now have a
working 8.04 system with VLC, the DVD music libraries, Opera and Skype.

It would appear that that Edubuntu DVD is a complete system that should
be insalled alone without using the 8.04 Ubuntu disk. What would be the
procedure now to avoid doing an install from scratch? I ask as I would
have to download again the various files from Medibuntu and Opera should
I install from scratch and I am installing on a home computer where
broadband is not available.

A related question would be on how to go about installing a whole
directory of deb files at one go without having to install and resolve
dependencies individually.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Phillip Pare