[ubuntu-za] GUI programming in Ubuntu

Casper casper.labuschagne at gmail.com
Sun May 11 16:42:50 BST 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Hannes Coetzee
<scorpking at eshowecompcentre.co.za> wrote:
>  As far as I know GTK and Python
>  is already available on Windows but I'm not to sure.  Anyway, it's just
>  a thought.

GTK is available for the Mac as well:
http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/mac/2007/06/22/graphical-tool-kits-for-apples-os-x-gtk2.html

Certainly there is a GTK runtime environment for Windows as well:
http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

My personal preference concerning the original question is:

PHP-GTK

Hope it helps

Casper Labuschagne
+27827054416 ; Skype=krooninfo ;
Stats for (2005 - 2008) The amount of malware (virus & spyware) = Nil!
 Major upgrades of operating system & applications = 6 times.
Cumulative cost of upgrading everything =  R0.00. Amount of hardware
that had to be replaced or upgraded in order to run new systems = Nil.
Major software hassles and re-installs = Absolutely minimal.
Everything just works.

How did I do this?  Ubuntu Linux. http://www.ubuntu.com