[ubuntu-za] Introduction (not a user guide)

Peter Nel fourdots at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:46:28 BST 2008

Hello everyone
(I assume everyone on the list sees this.. yup this my first "old-school"
mailing-list, and my first ever message.. (I don't really post on forums,
blog nor facebook - this is kind of a debut))

I'd like to introduce myself (if all of this is appropriate).
My name is Péter Nel, I live in Pretoria, recently turned 29, software-
(engineer/lover/architect/doohickey-maker/poet/philosopher/self-indulging
commenter)

This is my journey deeper into the 'open'...

Any comment from any of you would signify success in this present exercise.

I'm especially interested in contributing code to the open-source community,
perhaps Ubuntu itself. To date combination of FUD, inexperience, and inertia
to the learning curve has retarded this journey.
So, if you want and are able, you may comment specifically on this.

More details on my oss exp.
- been a casual linux user since university (red-hat, Suse, mandrake,
ubuntu!)
- random bashing, etc.
- recently I've signed up on Launchpad, signed the ubuntero code-of-conduct,
joined the "REVU Uploaders <https://launchpad.net/%7Erevu-uploaders>"
launchpad team (universe contributers), and joined this list..

.. anyway, not gonna make this a cv, so, hi again ..and bye
-psnel
[. ...]

PS. if i fade into the obscurity of irrelevance of forgotten people in a
dispondent spasm of undebut, don't take it personally - I'm not this
confident in real life.