[ubuntu-za] Photo management

Denham Coote denhamcoote at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:00:44 BST 2008

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the helpful reply.  I'd tinkered with gThumb a _little_ bit
in the past, though I think I was still too much of a Windows zombie
to give it a fair chance. From what you've said, it looks capable
enough.  I'll run my next few batches of photos through it and see how
it performs.

Best regards,

Denham.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Craig A. Adams <craigaa at karg.co.za> wrote:
> Hi Denham,
>
> Sorry I forgot to mention that gThumb supports hotkeys to your own
> custom commands utilising any command line function offered by programs
> such as ImageMagick.
>
> e.g. '0' will open the selected image(s) in Gimp
>
> Kindest Regards
>
> Craig A. Adams
>

> Craig A. Adams wrote:
>> Hi Denham,
>>
>> Have you tried gThumb?
>>
>>> File browser (tree view)
>> Yup.
>>
>>> Thumbnailing (For bonus points: Thumbnail caching)
>> Yup.
>>
>>> Image viewer
>> Yup.
>>
>>> Importing images from media card (Again, for bonus points, auto-rotate
>>> would be great)
>> Yup. (No bonus points, but an easy to access icon on the toolbar.)
>>
>>> Basic editing, if built in would be nice. (Levels, saturations, etc)
>> Yup.
>>
>>> Mass editing across files (mass resize, resampling, etc)
>> Limited to rescaling, setting orientation and converting format.
>>
>>> That's pretty much it. (Other things like RAW image processing, EXIF
>>> data, etc, are nice, but not critical...)
>> Reasonable EXIF support.
>>

>> Kindest Regards
>>
>> Craig A. Adams

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow - It merely saps the strength of today.