[ubuntu-za] Wiki-data migration

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 29 19:10:05 BST 2008

Hi Vijay and Simon

Simon Richards wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Vijay Makanjee wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me how to change my username so that it is FirstnameSurname
>> rather than the way it is now.
>
> I have the same issue and would also like to resolve it

MediaWiki does not allow changing of usernames. I could edit the
database to reflect the change, but I'm not sure how that would affect
links to your current pages, etc. I suggest that you create your
preferred username, and move your content from your old user's home page
to your new username. Once you've done that, we can delete your old user.

-Jonathan