[ubuntu-za] Vmware server + MUI 7.10 gutsy question.

Glenn S glennlinuxmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:50:00 GMT 2008

I have installed 7.10 gutsy server using LAMP, have downloaded and installed
he current version of vmware server for linux 1.04 i think, and also the MUI
interface. The server has no X and only the xdev libs so that I could get
the serial number authenticated. I have looked high and low on the web
regarding this install and as far as I am aware all is successfull. The only
thing I cannot find is how to access the box from another pc. everything
explains how to connect to mui via http://localhost:8222 or 8333 but I have
no X so I want to connect from another machine on the network. When i try I
get access denied on either of the ports, yet if i put the ip address in on
its own, apache works! so I am trying to find out where i can set the port
settings and adress allows for vmware server and vmware mui to allow access
from other local pc's. Any ideas?

Many thanks