[ubuntu-za] MySql

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Tue Jan 1 18:56:25 GMT 2008

MySQL is definitely freely available and opensource, I think the enterprise
version is more to do with support than anything else.  It MAY have
additional features in it as well, but I don't know, I run the free version
in production with absolutely no issues whatsoever (the free version btw as
we have running it is coping with a 1.2 billion record terabyte size
database doing a few thousand insert a second for the purpose of raw netflow
stat collection, so I don't think you should have any issues with it!)

Thanks

Andrew